Saturday, June 18, 2011

More at Walgreens

So I am most of the way through my wags trips.  It is all turning out fine but there have been a few problems mostly due to the lack of coupon knowledge in the people I have recruited to help me do my 9 transaction trip (although I have cut it down to 6 now).  Anyway it all works out since I am sure that after facing the coupon Nazi, as I am being called, and wasting money my family members are much more likely to remember not to buy impulse items anymore.  As far as the better deal on the gillette razor, it doesn't exist.  The store was only moving the razors from the shelf to the front counter, so I added them back into my plan.  Here is what I have gotten so far:
Trip 1
Schick hydro razor    $8.99 get $4 RR
   used $4 off/1 coupon

Trip 2
used $4 RR to buy
colgate 360 tooth brush $2.99 get $2 RR
   Used $0.75 off/ 1 coupon
colgate 360 tooth brush $2.99
(this trip had a few problems with it as the person shopping didn't know about RR and could not find what I had asked them to purchase in addition to the tooth brush  so instead decided they too could use a tooth brush so a second one was purchased losing out on the $0.75 savings and getting the second RR.)


Trip 3
got another colgate 360 with the coupon
schick hydro refills $8.99 get $4 RR
  Used $2 off/1 coupon
Gillette Razor $9.89 get $ 5 RR
  used $4 off/ 1 C

then my sister needed shampoo and conditioner so she used my RR from the double tooth brush trip and a coupon and got her hair stuff for b1g1 50% off which is not bad due to the fact that this was a needed item rather then something to stock pile, though it will be better once I have a stock pile of this and we don't have to spend $7.50 for shampoo and conditioner.

Trip 4
Used $4 RR
got another tooth brush and another gillette razor
got twizzlers as a filler

My shopping partner:
Used $5 RR
got another schick blade refill
got dots as a filler
and purchased two bags of chips which were on sale for a good deal, but would have been much better of a deal had they been purchased as fillers in a later transaction.  I told them not to get the chips but they decided to get them anyway.

I still have one transaction to go and then I will figure out my total pre and post savings!   I think I have done pretty well so far though especially considering this is my first major coupon trip and my shopping buddies are very undereducated on coupon use.  This has been a good experience though as it is giving me an opportunity to teach my family members about couponing and helped me to reinforce what I have been learning.  Hopefully in the future I will lose my title of the coupon Nazi as my family will learn to stop themselves from impulse shopping but until then I will have to continue to tell them no when they try to buy the, nail polish, chips, candy, gum, soda, popcorn or what ever else catches their eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment