Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How I got my start

Well I haven't really been spending much time couponing this week so I have some extra time and I figured if I'm not couponing I might as well write about it right? :)  Anyway, I thought this would be a great time to bring you up to date on how I started couponing.
     Once upon a time in a living room not to far from here sat a sort of little girl, but not that little anymore, watching a television show on the wonderful Learning Channel.  The show was titled extreme couponing and showed all kinds of people getting loads of stuff for pennies, sometimes literally.  Anna thought to herself "wow look at all that stuff".  She sort of thought those coupon ladies were crazy, they must be wasting all kinds of money on that junk, plus look at all those stock piles this is like an extension of that hoarders show.  Yet despite all these thoughts there was something intriguing about these ladies' hobby, not to mention how nice and organized all their coupon binders and stock piles looked.  Then one of the ladies turned to the screen and said " If you throw away coupons you are throwing out money".  Suddenly the light went on in Anna's head.  "She's right"  Anna realized " I have plenty of time during the day, it is summer and it looks kind of fun, alright I'll try it!"  That night Anna could barely sleep she was so excited to begin her coupon adventure.  The next day she ran to the library and got her hands on some couponing books to learn how this art was mastered.  A few weeks and many papers later Anna was sending her dad off to the store with her first few coupons for free things, BBQ sauce!  After that, Well this is one story that isn't finished yet, you will just have to keep coming back to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment