Friday, June 17, 2011

First Walgreens Trip

I have been couponing for a month and a half now.  Yesturday I spent the good part of the day planning my trip to Wags (Walgreens for you non-coupon fluent peeps, oh yeah I'm using the lingo now!)  I was all excited beacuse it was my first fully planned out coupon trip.  I have used some coupons for a few items before but this was going to be my first trip that I was only buying things with coupons.  Anyway I just got back from Wags and I have nothing, I do still have all my coupons though.  I was planning on doing my first transaction which would have been a gillette razor for $5.89 after my coupon and I would get $5 Register Rewards.  Unfortanatly/fortunatly when I went to check out the cashier told me there was going to be a better sale this weekend.  This is great since I will end up getting the razors for less but It threw a major curve ball into my 9 transaction, 30% savings plan.  So now its back to the drawing board, man this is turing out to take up a tone of time.  I'll let you know what I end up doing.  Oh and when I get a chance I'll post how I got started so you all are up to date.

1 comment:

  1. What? Really? A better deal? What is it?? I ended up buying 2 of them (are you talking about the Shick or the Gillette? I bought Gillette last week Shick this week) They were 8.98, I had a $4 off coup and I got a $4 reg. reward, but I had brought my reg. reward from previous trips so really I count it as being $0.89. If you get them for less I will be jealous... What did you end up getting?

    ReplyDelete